Our personal and professional data stored in Mac, if lost, can cause serious financial & emotional damage. There are many scenarios which can lead to such data loss; some of them include accidental deletion, hard drive failure, etc. In order to prevent such mishaps, you need to regularly backup your Mac storage drive.
- Best Free Backup Software For Mac
- Free Data Backup Software For Mac Pc
- Free Backup Software For Mac
- Backup Software For Mac Os
- Best Free Backup For Mac
- Best Mac Data Recovery Software
Up to50%cash back People tend to lose data due to broken device, device got stolen, and much more reasons. Today, we bring you best of the 15 tools that can be used as iTunes backup extractor software for Windows or Mac. Let us have a look at iTunes backup extractor free download. Top iTunes Backup Extractor for Win/Mac. Best Backup Software for Macs. Now that we’ve discussed what to look for in Mac backup software, let’s look at the apps. Here are my picks for the best Mac backup software for 2018: 1. Time Machine. Time Machine is built into macOS and it should be your first go to as Mac backup software. Aug 27, 2019 It is known to be a safe and effective Android backup software for Mac. They too can back up contacts, pictures, and videos, as well as SMS messages. The backed up files can even be encrypted in such a way that you can be the only one allowed to view the data. Syncios will allow you to backup data but will be unable to back up your applications.
Having a backup of your data gives you peace of mind against sudden data loss and its consequences. Nevertheless, there can be many scenarios where you fail to keep a backup leading to permanent data loss. In such cases, only a professional Mac data recovery solution can help you recover your lost data
A data recovery software recovers lost files from any storage medium. The software scans the storage media and recovers your lost documents, PDFs, audio, video, emails, documents, etc. Let us look at the best free backup and data recovery software for Mac.
Free Backup Software for Mac
1. Time Machine
Time Machine backs all files, apps, music, photos, emails, and documents, etc. on your Mac. It is a built-in app on MacOS which when turned on, automatically backs up your Mac and performs hourly, daily, and weekly backups of your files in an external drive.
- Inbuilt feature on Mac systems
- Automatic backup feature
- Backup scheduling functionality
2. Stellar Drive Clone
Stellar Drive Clone can clone and create a disk image of your Mac hard drive, SSDs, partitions and external hard drives. This way, it allows you to take backup of all your important files and folders. You can use this clone of your hard drive as a backup to protect you against various data loss scenarios. The software can even clone encrypted hard drives and volumes and ensure backup of your most sensitive files.
It is one of the most comprehensive backup software, which supports multiple file systems and provides complete disk utility features, including resizing of drive volume. A complete list of features is listed below:
- Clones Mac HD, Recovery HD and local volumes to any other storage medium
- Supports multiple file systems, such as HFS, HFS+, FAT, and ex-FAT
- Creates snapshot of your hard drive surpassing any bad sectors and unused file space.
- Restores Mac HD or HFS volume to their original state
- Allows you to create a bootable disk image
Free to download — Evaluate features such as, Cloning, Imaging, Restore, etc.
Paid version: $39
Backblaze is a cloud backup solution provider which backs up your files in its secure servers. You also have the option to schedule backup and set an upload limit. If you need to restore these files later, you can easily download them from the Backblaze’s website.
- Keeps old and deleted files for 30 days
- Option to increase the backup limit for up to 1 year (with additional charge)
- Automatic backing up of all data
- Back-up scheduling feature
- Can locate your lost/stolen Mac
Free download. 15 days of free trial.
Paid versions: $6 (monthly), $60 (year), $100 (2 year)
Dropbox is a secure storage platform which stores all your valuable info at one place. It offers flexible storage plans and is a global leader in sharing & storage systems. A cloud platform, The software allows faster access, storage, and retrieving of data. You can manage your files on the go and the files can be accessed from any device.
- Easy recovery of deleted files and restoration of previous file versions
- Can access any device
- File sharing
- Offline backup and recovery
- Third party integration with over 300,000 connected apps
- Remote wiping feature which allows you to wipe data from stolen/lost devices
Free download. 30 days Free Trial.
Paid versions: $12.50 per month (standard) and $20 per month (advanced)
Free Mac Data Recovery Software!
A data recovery software rescues your lost data in no backup scenario i.e. when you had failed to back your data. The list below demonstrates the top free Mac data recovery software.
1. Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac offers a free data recovery software for macOS, which recovers all types of files such as documents, folders, photos, videos, audio, etc. from all kinds of storage devices, such as Mac hard drives, external hard drives, memory cards, SSD drives, SD cards, etc. The software is designed to recover files from all loss scenarios.
The software scans your Mac systems, previews the lost files, and allows you to recover up to 1 GB of deleted data.
Stablize shaky image, reduce background noise, correct fisheye lens and fix audio/video out of sync. Apply effects, add text/image watermark, import subtitle, speed-up/slow-down playback speed. Gopro hero 7 software mac. 3. 2.
GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. It is free software, you can change its source code and distribute your changes. Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done. Gimp photo editor for mac.
Best Free Backup Software For Mac
- Recover lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audio, email & more
- Preview before you recover
- Intuitive interface, which is easy-to-use.
- Save up to 1GB of deleted data with the Free version.
- Offers Professional version for unlimited and advanced recovery
Free version offers scan, preview and recovery of up to 1GB of lost data.
Professional version: $79.99
Click on the button below to download the software for free.
2. Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is designed to recover files seamlessly on your Mac systems. The software comes with additional features, which enables you to also recover archived, hidden, and compressed, or encrypted files.
- Supports a wide range of file formats and systems on your Mac system.
- Additional tools such as diagnostics, cleanup, duplicate finder, etc are also offered.
- Offers multi-level scans
- Sleek user interface with a preview feature.
AnyRecover is an advanced data recovery software, purpose-built to recover lost or deleted files from multiple data loss scenarios. The new version of the software also supports Mac Recovery with MacPE bootable media.
- Recover more than 1000+ file types on Mac with a single click
- Access multi-level scan features
- Recover from all loss scenarios such as emptied trash, corrupted device, partition error, etc.
- The tool supports APFS encrypted hard drive with password
- Get free technical support and lifetime free updates with the Pro plan.
PhotoRec is a free data recovery tool, which recovers photos, files, videos and other files. The open-source tool also has a diagnostics feature, which scans the corrupted file and recommends if restoration is possible.
Free Data Backup Software For Mac Pc
Free Backup Software For Mac
- Open Source software which is completely free
- The file diagnosis feature checks the device sector by sector.
Backup Software For Mac Os
Best Free Backup For Mac
In this blog, we looked at various free data backup and recovery software for Mac, which can protect your data against accidental loss, hardware/software crashes, virus attacks, etc. The first defense is backing up your data, so that you don’t lose your valuable info, even if there is fatal damage to your Mac device. In case of no backup, a data recovery software can come to your rescue by recovering your lost data from a variety of loss scenarios. Stellar Drive Clone and Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac are highly recommended products, which provide comprehensive and effective data backup and data storage services, respectively.
Best Mac Data Recovery Software
Was this helpful?